Pages

Friday, October 30, 2009

Our Family Reunion in New Mexico


Here's is everyone!
Aunt Holly, Aunt Peggy, Mom, Erin, JB, Uncle Bill, Dad, Dan, Me & Molly, Caroll, Phoebe, Jolie, Jacob, Riley, Aunt Dollie, Uncle Les, Bingo, Jason and Ilysha



When I try to think of what my first real memory is, it is of a house filled with laughter at Christmas time. I must have been about 2 or 3, and I remember seeing a ceramic Christmas tree with colorful lights up on a table. I was playing with a clear plastic train watching the parts moving up and down as I pushed it along the floor.

In the next room I could hear a lot of happy chatter and laughter as stories were being told and dinner was being cooked. It must have been at my grandparents farm in Arkansas. It may have even been before my sister was born. I remember my Uncle Les' bold laugh and my Aunt Peggy's voice, Grandma's whoops of laughter and Grandpa's stomping steps...as if he was a giant. I was surrounded by people who loved me and I felt safe and happy.

It's a very warm and happy memory for me. I come from such a wonderful family and I'm truly grateful. A lot of changes have taken place over these many years, not all the marriages lasted, we've lost some loved ones and gained some new ones, but one thing remains the same...love. We love each other very much. That carries on no matter what changes around us. All families should be so lucky.

Many of us were able to meet at our reunion in the tiny town of San Antonio, New Mexico a couple weeks ago. We are grateful to Dad and Phoebe for opening the entire bed & breakfast they run for all of us that weekend. We were very comfortable, there was lots of space to visit and hang out, and the food was incredible! It was the perfect place to relax and get caught up with everyone. We can't thank you enough for everything....just know that we had fun and these new memories will last a lifetime.

Maybe Molly's first real memory with be of a house filled with laughter too?


Molly, looking wistful behind a chair in the back yard.


Me, Molly and my cousin Caroll at Manny's Buckhorn in San Antonio. I just HAD to have a green chile cheeseburger!


This was the first time that Jolie and Riley had met their newest cousin Molly. A year and a half can pass by VERY quickly! Here's Jolie handing Molly the tiny pumpkin Jacob brought from Oregon for her.


Riley and Molly playing with her toys.


What a sweet picture of Mom and Riley....and Jolie too!


Jolie took such good care of Molly, that we are ready for her to come live with us and do it full time. What a relief to know she was watching her so carefully and patiently. She and Riley both really helped us out a lot with Molly so we could visit more.


Erin, Jolie and Molly looking at old photos....(that's Jason in the photos.)


Hanging out on the front porch.


Dad and Uncle Bill talking.


Our cousin Jason and Erin on the front porch swing.


Sisters and cousins enjoying some much needed time together.


Molly sacked out early, but we enjoyed the back yard swing near the fire pit very much...here's me, Molly, Jolie and Mom.


Jolie, Molly, Ilysha, Aunt Holly, Jacob, Uncle Bill and Aunt Peggy. The kids (Jolie, Riley and Jacob) were having a spelling contest being conducted by Ilysha. We were impressed with their spelling abilities.


Riley and Jason


A sister hug!! I miss my sister so much.


Our little family...Dan, Molly and I.


Jolie, Erin, Me, Molly, Mom and Riley


Having dinner outdoors on the patio with Dad. (That brisket was absolutely delicious...best ever!!!) Man, my mouth is watering just thinking about it...


Me and Caroll.


Jason and Jacob.


Dad watching Molly play on the front porch.


Molly and I waving goodbye to some of our bunch that were leaving.


Caroll, Aunt Peggy and Jacob out front by the sign.


Molly trying to open the front door.


JB and Bingo out for a drive. Bingo thinks he is a big dog and acts like it...I almost believe that he is.


Dan and Molly saying goodbye to Erin and the girls on the front porch. That was sad.


Molly playing with her ball. (or as she says: "bah")


Molly and Dad walking out to the truck.


Dad carrying Molly as we were walking up to the hill where our dogs are buried. I had to visit my Maggie who passed away in March of 2006.


Here we are up on the hill overlooking the valley, river and mountains. It's a pretty and peaceful spot.

~~~
That's all for now...but much more on our trip to New Mexico will be posted soon. Check back often and leave a comment so we know you were here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Loved everything. When can we do this again? What a wonderful time we had. Just not enough time. G Pam