Pages

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Sweet Sleep


Ah...a quiet moment, as she sleeps with her best buddies, Woody and Jessie...and in her favorite Tinkerbell shirt. The sweet relief of sleep...so wonderful for Mommy and Daddy too!

But one thing every new parent should learn very quickly, when you see a baby or a small child sleeping, just know that they are simply recharging their batteries and as soon as they open up their little angel eyes, they're ready for action, so look out! Enjoy the peace while you can.

I'm convinced that these are the moments when they do the most physical and mental growing, and all those little tidbits of new information they learned throughout the day are finding brain cells to settle into as permanent knowledge, vocabulary, words, numbers, social and life lessons....they're all finding their places in the developing mind.

Sleep well, my dear child, though not too long. I do need the peace and quiet, but I don't want you to grow up too fast. Stay my baby for as long as you can.

No comments: