Pages

Friday, August 24, 2012

First Day of School


I don't think I was ever this happy to get back to school in my whole life.  But then again, her days at school at the Pre K level consists of having her pal, Miss Judy, as her new teacher and most of her favorite kids from the Primary class are moving up with her.  Out of the 10 kids in her class, only 3 are new and we've already made great friends of them too.

Her beloved Miss Nanny from last year is just in the next room and I overheard her tell her this:  "Miss Nanny, you are always going to be in my heart."  And then she gave her a big hug.  How sweet is that?  Miss Judy thinks a lot of Molly since Molly always helped her get the room set up each morning last year.  Molly is always the first kid in and the last to leave, so she knows all about setting stuff up in the mornings and then the clean up in the afternoons.  I think she could even give tours to prospective parents and kids if needed.

This time next year, she will be entering Kindergarten at Farragut Primary School.  It will be a whole new experience for her, but I think several kids from Mothers' Day Out will be going there too and some are already there.  We'll see some familiar faces in the crowd, so I have confidence that she'll do well then too.

This is going to be a great year.

My Toddler Class....8 are pictured here and we'll be getting 2 more soon.  We've got a good bunch this year...younger than usual, but they are very well behaved most of the time.  Well, almost most of the time.  Well, when they're dry and well rested.  Hmmm....eh, they're toddlers.  :)


No comments: