Pages

Thursday, August 2, 2007

It's been a weird day.

Today just should never have happened, one thing went wrong after another. Can I back up and start it all over again? Maybe this time I'll get it right. Absolutely nothing went right today. I just want to curl up with my Harry Potter books and read the day and night away. Maybe tomorrow will be better.

It is a stormy, gray gloomy evening and I am home alone anxiously awaiting a page from Dan, a phone call will mean that he has lost his job. I guess they yank all pagers away from people with no jobs.

****wait****

ohmygoodness..........it's the phone ringing right this minute!!!

ohmygosh - ohmygosh





Well, it was Dan. He was not placed. He has lost his job.

I guess change is on our horizon after all. I don't know how I feel. Numbness really. That's all. At least we have an answer, at least we can make some sort of plan now that we are no longer in that mode of hurry up and wait, then wait some more, oh yeah and wait even more, 'til you want to scream and then.......just like that, a 10 second breathless phone call and all those months and weeks of wondering are now over.

Where will we go? Will Samsung call so we can set our sights on Round Rock, Texas? That would be so wonderful. We need a change, I know we do. Either something better here in Albuquerque, which is unlikely or a change to someplace else.

Why am I not shocked, too stunned to think? Was this what we were hoping for? Is this a blessing in disguise?

We will see.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

definitely a blessing...
Colorado is heaven on earth ya know..;)