I haven't written on the blog for over a month now for several reasons. One being we have so many huge life changing events happening to us all at once, that I really didn't know where to start or even if I should be mentioning this stuff at all at this point. Then to write about trivial things like the kitties antics or a movie we watched seemed to be strange too at such a pivital time in our lives. I feel that maybe today would be a good time to update our ever changing situation.To some, you may already know this, but to some others, maybe the family / friend grapevine hasn't quite reached to you yet. Last month, on August 18th to be exact, we found out the most incredible news, and that is we are going to have a baby in the spring. If all goes well, and we constantly hope and pray that it will, we will actually become parents. Guess now that we're 40, or at least pushing 40, it's time to get the show on the road. We are very happy and excited and nervous and worried, but mostly happy. I think the due date should be in the last week of April or the first week of May, but the doctor will let us know more accurately once we get some tests done. My next appointment is on October 4th, where we will be getting an ultrasound done amongst other things and we should be able to see and hear something by then. I also have another appointment with a prenatal specialist a week later on the 11th. Due to my "advanced" age.....does THAT scare me?, uh, yeah....anyway, they want to take extra precautions to ensure we are all doing well, me, the little one, and also Dan. The doctor is also keeping him in the loop making sure he is understanding what all is involved too.
As far as Dan's job search is going, it's going very well. We have a couple of very promising leads in both Virginia and Oregon, as well as a possible one in Missouri. So, I guess we could end up on the east coast, the west or somewhere in between. We are prepared to go anywhere the job takes us. All the places seem to be very nice, full of interesting places to visit, historical sites, beaches to either place in VA & OR are only an hour or two away. We are going to Virginia for Dan's first job interview this weekend. We will leave on the 15th and be back home on the 18th. Who knows what we'll find or how we'll like it there. Just when we get back from there, he goes on to Oregon alone for another interview. Everything is so up in the air right now. It is a bit scary, but I have faith he will do well, they'll be fighting over him and things will work out fine.
More on the baby front and the job front soon!
Take care out there.
~Whitney
1 comment:
Congratulations! I can't help crying (for about 100 reasons) but I'm so happy for you guys. Please give the tummy a little pat from Me & Jay. Good luck with the interviews, Dan!
Post a Comment