Well, tonight as we were sitting down to a "home-cooked" meal from Taco Bell, we heard a siren. Since we never hear them and especially not on our street, we hopped up from the table to go see what was going on. Deep down, I was worried to see a neighbor's house on fire...but we were happily surprised to see everyone outside anxiously awaiting something. (I guess we missed that memo...we should have checked our mailbox slot.) Anyway, we could hear loud Christmas music and a great big red fire engine and waves of cheering kids on the next street over. Then the truck rounded the corner onto our block with the swirling red lights and dozens of little kids (and parents) cheered with delighted expectation. There was THE BIG GUY himself - and he was tossing candy out to everyone.
This was such a wonderful surprise and filled us with even more of the holiday spirit. With all the festive Christmas lights on almost every house and the spectacle of Santa's grand surprise visit, our neighborhood was THE place to be. Check out these little video snippets. (By the way, I can only download 30 second videos at a time, so there are 3 separate ones here.) At one point, right when he was at our driveway, I nearly dropped the camera, sorry, but I got most of it.
We are going to try to take Molly to visit Santa soon so we can get her first photo with him.
No comments:
Post a Comment