I was a bit concerned that the costume was too big, so I safety-pinned up the back and even reinforced it with fabric tape. I also used pins and tape to keep the wings from flopping sideways and falling off. It was next to impossible to find tights in her size that didn't have some crazy color or pattern on them. The weather was just cool enough to not really need a coat...so after all that work, we didn't have to remove the wings to put on a boring old coat...thank goodness!
After her hair was dolled up, accessorized and sprayed to stay put for a while...she grabbed her Elmo bucket and we all set out for some serious Trick-or-Treating. This was the first year that she really began to understand. A round of kids came to our door before we left and she saw how it was done. "Let's go Twicker Tweeting!" she said...and we were off.
Dan came with us for a few of the houses, then he went back to give out the candy to the kids at our house. Meanwhile, Molly insisted that I let her walk the whole way. She really didn't want me to hold her...even up the steep driveways. She was so sweet, saying "Thank you." when given candy. I was very proud of her and she looked amazing even after all our pinning, taping, hairspraying...and a little crying.
She became Tinkerbell, carrying herself a little differently...fluttering her wings...a fairy-light step...twirling at the mirror in her dress. What a sweetie! You may be seeing her as Tink next year too. The outfit may fit just right and without all the pins!
Carving our pumpkin into a spooky Jack-o-lantern.
Daddy, taking out the seeds to roast them.
Posing with our newly carved pumpkin...she loved taking off the lid.
"OK, now I see what all the fuss was about getting ready...I look so great."
"I love my sparkly dress."
Yes, the wings are finally straight!
I am so happy with how her hair looked with just a high ponytail...looks like a bun. Here she is noticing that there are kids walking around outside.
A couple final adjustments and we're ready to go.
At a neighbor's doorstep, waiting for them to answer.
Brave little Tink, waiting to say "Trick-or-Treat." A very nice man answered and said she could pick whatever candy she wanted....then she could take some for Mom and Dad too.
Back on our porch and she noticed the candle in the pumpkin.
Here she is trying to blow it out.
Checking out her loot.
Checking out some of the candy we were giving out, and putting it in her bucket.
After things quieted down, we had our traditional Halloween meal of hot dogs, doughnuts and apple cider.
No comments:
Post a Comment