Duncan, Mom, Me, Dan, Phoebe, Jason, Dad, Matt, Aunt Dollie, Ashli & Meredith - taken by Ilysha.Well, it's about time! I finally have some spare time, when I'm not totally exhausted to update the old blog. We have been travelling or just busy almost every weekend, it seems. I just wanted to write a bit about our recent trip to Las Vegas for my family reunion.

We stayed at Bally's which has a nice centrally located spot mid-strip. This is now my third time to stay there and I've enjoyed it each time. We had so much fun on our reunion too. It was great to see everyone - there were some that were unable to attend, but maybe we'll get to see them all next year. There are rumors circulating that we could hold the next reunion here in Albuquerque at the Inn at Paradise, next to our wedding reception site at Desert Greens Golf Course, just a couple miles from here. That would be most excellent as far as we are concerned.
Here are a few more photos, I am actually sending a few from what Dan and I took in addition to several that Jason and Ilysha took. I hope you all enjoyed the little experimental movie Dan and I posted a while back of the Bellagio Fountains. I just never get tired of watching them - in person - it is really cool, especially when they play Elvis or Frank....really cool stuff.
While in Las Vegas we met up with my Mom, Dad, Phoebe, Aunt Dollie, Jason, Ilysha, Ashli, Matt, Meredith and Duncan. We would do our own things during the day and most or all of us would try to meet for dinner at night. On one special night, my cousin Jason treated Dan and I, his girlfriend Ilysha, and sister Ashli to an awesome dinner at "Nobu" at Hard Rock. We both feel this was one of THE best meals we have ever had in our lives. It was such a fun and special night for us - a great chance to get caught up with each other's lives, laugh, talk, share stories and taste delicious food. Mmm, Mmm, Mmm!
While us "kids" were enjoying a night out, (and Matt babysat the kiddos), the "parents" all went out to see the great vocal impressionist Danny Ganz at The Mirage and from what I heard, they all said he was incredible. I have never had the chance to see his show myself, but hope to one of these next trips Dan and I take out there.
One afternoon, Dan, Mom and I went out to The Hilton to see the Star Trek Experience and to have lunch at Quark's Bar. We got to talk to a Ferengi dude, a blue faced lady and saw some other characters walking around. Don't ask ME who they were! Dan and Mom are the nerds (I mean highly intelligent life forms) who are totally into the Star Trek thing. We saw all kinds of artifacts and mementos from all the series shows and movies, then went on the Borg Invasion and Klingon Encounter flight simulater rides. Very cool. Check out the site: http://www.startrekexp.com/
Another day, Dan, Mom and I decided to check out the view from the Eiffel Tower at The Paris. The view is so nice and they don't seem to mind how long you stay up there, at least I've never been told to leave. We were able to catch a show of the Bellagio Fountain from this high view. Very nice as always.
Later that night, some of our group went to see the Cirque du Soleil show "O" at the Bellagio. I only wish I could have seen it. You'll have to get the low down on this one from one of them. Until then, check out the site: http://www.cirquedusoleil.com/CirqueDuSoleil/en/showstickets/o/O-Las-Vegas.htm I would just love to see this the next time we go. Everyone just raved about how great it was.
We also spent a good bit of time at Caesar's Palace, enjoying chance to visit while sipping on an incredibly expensive beer out on the terrace. (I do worry that Vegas will be pricing itself out of ordinary folks' range very soon, but that's another story.) We saw the big circular aquarium in the Forums Shops area - this was a big hit with the kids. I found it relaxing to watch the fish even in the midst of the big crowds. While at Caesar's, one night all of us met for dinner at The Cheesecake Factory, believe me, they've got way more than just cheesecake too. Everything was just wonderful.
The kids seemed to enjoy their day out at the pool and here and there with Uncle Jason. Thanks to Jason and Ilysha for letting us use these great photos on our site. It looks like you all had so much fun that afternoon.

"Ladies Man" Now THAT is cute!!


On our last evening, we all met at the Flamingo's Garden Buffet restaurant and afterward went out to see the penguin and flamingos and other birds out there in the courtyard. The kids really seemed to enjoy it. They seemed to enjoy "Uncle Dan" too for that matter! Hey, they thought he was an uncle to them. How do you explain to kids that he's really a second cousin-in-law? Eh, you don't. Meredith and Duncan are so adorable. We really enjoyed seeing them and everyone else so much.
Did I forget anything? Oh yeah, we did check out a casino or two while we were there. I don't know about anyone else, but I was up $50 bucks on a slot machine, then promptly lost it all. Oh well, easy come easy go. I do need to learn when to quit those things. Darn those pretty colors, lights and that all too pleasing key of C ding, ding, ding...it's intoxicating I tell you. If I was smarter, braver and richer, I would have tried my luck at a table game. I'm not ready for that yet, but some of the others seemed to really get into it. Slots and Video Poker are enough for me.
Well, to those of you loved ones who were unable to attend, although we really had a great time, it would have been even better if you were all there. Maybe next year, here in Albuquerque, we can get more family out to the big event.
Take care,
Whitney
No comments:
Post a Comment