Lately, I have been really beyond any kind of tired I've ever known. My head is foggy with too many thoughts. My puffy hands ache from swelling, so typing seems more like a chore than before. I just felt it was time to write something...even if it might not make much sense.
We had a nice Easter Sunday last week. I spent most of Saturday night and Sunday morning trying to find a decent dress to wear. People wear jeans to church a lot, but on Easter Sunday, this just didn't seem right to me. I was distressed to find that every single dress I own either made me look like a sausage link if it was too tight or a house being fumigated if it was too big. I wrongly assumed that my "too big" dresses would fit, this was a grievous miscalculation on my part. I ended up wearing my only pair of maternity jeans that currently fit along with my stand-by lavender sweater. I was mortified to go in looking like that...Dan by the way looked really good in his khakis and nice shirt. As we left, a very kind woman asked me when I was due, we spoke and I mentioned I didn't have a dress that fit and she said with a very thick New York accent..."Don't worry honey, that don't matter for nothing...All that does matter is that little life growin' inside a you! Have a wonderful Easter and good luck." I suddenly felt much better.
After church, we went for a drive and to another nearby battlefield where we went for a mile walk through the woods. I was already dressed for this excursion since my "Sunday best" included hiking boots and jeans! I got very tired walking, but it was such a beautiful day, we couldn't resist getting outside. We came home after that and then made a nice dinner....a glazed spiral cut ham, baked potatoes, bacon wrapped green beans, and an apple crisp with vanilla ice cream for dessert.
I've been hanging out with Anna a bit this week. I'll miss her when they move to Florida. Their house is on the market, I hope it sells quick for their sake, but I will be sad when that happens. She's been great, and we're getting past that introductory stage of being friends to being real people talking about real things. We laugh a lot and have a good time when we go out. The other day, we went to Babies R Us so I could get a credit on something I didn't get to use a coupon for and while we were there, Anna insisted upon getting me something for the baby. I thought she'd get mad if I refused, she wants to do something for us so badly. I let her get the burp cloths and bath towel I intended to get. She seemed happier after that. Like I said, I'll miss her when she leaves.
The nursery is nearly complete. I'll take some photos on a late sunny evening when the room glows at sunset. It really looks nice with everything in place. We hung some things up on the wall last week. It's come together very nicely. I like to just sit in there and think sometimes. I find the room to be very tranquil.....that may change after the baby is born, but for now, it is very peaceful. I love it. She will be here before we know it!
Tomorrow I have another doctor's appointment, they seem to land on fridays all the time now. After this one, we'll be going in every week until the big day. This is just a routine visit to make sure all is well, but I love being able to hear her strong heartbeat each time I go. It's the highlight of my visits. I think Dan is going to come with me tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment