Pages

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Molly & her toy collection are growing!


This photo was taken a couple weeks ago.

On July 3rd, Molly had a doctor visit and I'm only just now writing about it. I guess I'm slackin' off on keeping this blog up to date! The days pass by so quickly and before I really get going, it's time for bed. How does that happen? And just think, these summer days are already getting shorter!

Anyway, Molly has grown 3" since birth. She is now 24" from head to foot and weighs in at 12 pounds and 12 ounces. Her little arms and legs are so soft, plump and perfect. I just marvel at her tiny toes and fingers. How can she be so perfect? She is beginning to get a little more hair now. We try to wash it more often...we've been a bit lazy about bathtime. She seems to like it just fine though, so we are going to try to work it into our routine.




We are finding that she is more aware of her surroundings these days. She really enjoys playing with the activity bar that came with her bouncy chair. It is activated by her movements with music, lights and nature sounds. She pulls at the toys and smiles at the little jungle critters.


Last week, we bought her this floor toy with the same jungle theme. She just loves it. (Thank you Thomas and Sylvia for the gift card that bought it for her.) We call this the "number 1 toy" because my sister and brother-in-law had a similar toy for their daughter that they called the "number 1 toy." I'm not sure why they called it that, but it works and that's what we call this floor activity pad, lights, nature sounds, amazonian rainforest nursery songs, jungle animals, rainbow overhead toy thingy bobber. It's a lifesaver for our tired arms and it keeps her entertained. Now, keeping the kitties away from it....that's a whole other story.
Here's a little video of her playing with the number one toy.




A version with annotations is on YouTube*:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_5CO0Q_2Ho

*seems you cannot embed a video with annotations at this time...still a beta mode feature...too bad...this video is much more interesting with the thought bubbles added to it.

No comments: