Pages

Monday, August 2, 2010

Cowboy Toys & Jessie Girl

Cowboy Toys is Toy Story and Jessie Girl is Jessie the Cowgirl.


A little friendship was born a few weeks ago, when we introduced Molly to Jessie. Jessie the Cowgirl from Toy Story has become one of her favorite toys ever. We didn't really expect this strong of a reaction, but Molly won't let Jessie out of her sight for a minute. She must have her at night-time during her story before bed...and she clutches her tight as she falls asleep. If the hat is missing, well, you just better go find it.



I love that she is so crazy about this funny little doll. Jessie is such a great, spunky girl, so full of life and spirit...she makes us laugh with that boisterous "YEE-HAW!!"...and she can make you cry as she tells of her tale of abandonment when Emily grew up and gave her away.



There will come a day, years from now, when Molly will have forgotten about Jessie. She'll move on to make-up, clothes, music and boys. My heart will break when I see her dolls and teddy bears in boxes or forgotten on a top shelf. But for now, I am enjoying watching her tote that doll around, hugging her and saying "YEE-HAW!" I can't help but wonder if that plastic doll is somehow made alive by Molly's adoration of her and thinking how great it is to be so loved by a kid. I know it's silly, but I do think that sometimes.



And here is Molly on the day she first got Jessie.

No comments: