Pages

Friday, January 14, 2011

Puck-cakes for Santa



Here are a couple photos taken on Christmas Eve as Molly and I were baking cupcakes for Santa, or as she called them "puck-cakes." We didn't have cookies suitable enough for the big man, so I thought "Hot Fudge Cupcakes" sprinkled with cinnamon sugar would be nice. She was excited to watch them transform from batter into cakes. I don't think they were as hard as hockey pucks, in fact, they were scrumptious with soft hot fudge inside each one. Santa ate 3 along with his glass of egg nog when he came to visit us in the night.





We left the fireplace doors open so he could get in easier and off to bed she went without much effort. We read our books and she fell asleep, so happy to see what Santa was going to bring her the next morning.

No comments: