Pages

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Key West


Early in the morning as we're coming into port at Key West.




There it is.


Sunset Key...what a peaceful looking place to live.


Molly at breakfast...what a great view behind her.


Phil, Ellen, Janet, (Walt took the photo) Dan and me as we got off the ship to tour around Key West for the day. Samantha was kind enough to offer to take care of Molly on the ship for day.


The view of our ship as we walked the dock into town.


It rained a little bit, but it was still a nice day to stroll the streets and shop. We took a bus tour later on.


I really liked the casual architecture.


The art museum.


A store entrance...I just liked the looks of it.


I liked this large statue outside of the art museum. I should have had someone stand in front of it so you could see how big it really is.


Kermit's Key Lime Pie Factory...we went there later.


The Cuban flag draped on a building we passed by on the bus tour.


Being a purple freak, I had to snap a photo of this cute house with the lavender shutters.


Since it was raining, we stayed on the tour bus...but yes, that is the marker for the "Southernmost Point in the Continental US."


At Kermit's Key Lime Pie Factory with Walt, Phil,Ellen, Janet and me..Dan took the photo.


Sloppy Joes


A street in Key West.


Hard Rock Cafe.


The Whistle Bar...interesting sign on the lower left.



A pretty house we passed by.


Really? Couldn't help but wonder if this was a gag to get people to take photos of it or not...just right by someone's front door. Hmmm...anyway, I liked the sign.


This was a really interesting sculpture in someone's garden, just covered in island trinkets, shells and just about anything...very pretty.


Back at our room and Molly was showing the towel elephant to Abby and Elmo.

No comments: