After consulting with a computer expert "internet police" friend, I think I figured out our hacker problem. As it turns out, there was some corrupt code that caused a foreign (Romanian) site to open up and push out the blog.
I have 3 browsers, Safari which came with my iMac, FireFox and Chrome. I like both FireFox and Chrome but the ergonomics of Chrome are much nicer and the features are great, clean and simple. I recommend it if you need a better browser.
I added a block called NonScripts from the Chrome Web Store...I also added AdBlock to get rid of the annoying ads throughout any page I'm browsing. I highly recommend that you keep your computers up to date by checking for updates and staying current. A lot of times these fixes are free...just look for them from reputable sites or talk to people you trust to help you.
So far, I'm so glad I got this blocker program. If this happens again, I can instantly block the offender, instead of going through days of anguish and worry. Yes, tears were shed and some hairs either turned gray or were just pulled out until I got this fixed.
Just to stay on the safe side, I'm keeping things simple. It is better that way. I hope this didn't cause any problems for any of you.
No comments:
Post a Comment