Each year the peonies somehow find their way out of the empty beds, awakening to the summer sun in their perfect glory. It amazes me how flowers know when to come out and bloom...when we know nothing. I am trying to learn how to care for them and prune them so that they present their finest blooms possible. Wish they could stay longer, but while they are here, it sure does pretty up our yard.
*Be sure to click on the photos for a nice large view.
Pink Peony from the side yard.
White Peony
In my opinion, the Peony is the only one to give the Rose a run for its money for most beautiful flower.
Pink Peony
Several potted plants that I'm having some good luck with keeping alive. They liven up our back deck and it's so nice to see them as we look out from our kitchen and family rooms.
Calibrachoa
Love the deep purple color.
Celosia
Got these because they are fuzzy and look strikingly colorful. Amazed they are growing so well.
Verbena
I think I like the foliage as much as the tiny perfect flowers.
Yellow Trailing Petunia
This one is in a mix with Red Verbena and Blue Lobelia, very nice and growing very well.
Herb garden mix: Dill, Thyme, Sage, Basil
I use these herbs plus the Rosemary in the backyard all the time. They are growing like crazy too.
Bacopa
So dainty and delicate.
Molly amongst the big white peonies out front.
Early in the morning just before school.

No comments:
Post a Comment