Pages

Monday, February 11, 2008

The Canal Walk

On Saturday, Dan and I decided to go check out the Canal Walk downtown.  We were getting tired of being in the house with the constant activity of unpacking.  We just had to get out.  As fatigued as I always seem to be these days, I also was ready to get out of the house for a while.

It was in the late afternoon, so the light was becoming gold and the temperature was beginning to drop as the winds began to pick up a bit, but it was still a nice walk.  We'd like to go back in the springtime and walk up the other side and have lunch downtown.  We passed by many nice looking shops, pubs, bookstores and restaurants on the nearby cobblestone streets.

*Click on "The Canal Walk" title to this entry to view more information on DiscoverRichmond.com

A beautiful day for a walk.



There was the hum of the interstate just overhead, and yet this is a peaceful spot.



Here I am, looking huge.



Here's Dan goofing around.



An arched tunnel leading to another section of the walk.



A colorful & picturesque cobblestone street.



The Old Dominion Press building.



"ceol caint atus craic" - "sing, chat & laugh"
A window display at a little irish pub.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures. Looks like a great place to live. Wow! You look terrific. How are you feeling?

Jonathan put an ad in the paper this weekend for an artist. Hopefully we will have better luck with this.

Keep in touch.