Pages

Sunday, February 3, 2008

New Friends

Dan has been working with another shift as he is finally getting properly trained for his new job after 2 months. On this other shift is a guy named Tony who was kind enough to invite us both to his home for dinner and to meet his wife and baby boy. We really hit it off. 

I really liked his wife Anna (who is from Brazil) and since she had just had a baby back in May and is also a nurse, she was a wealth of information and was more than happy to talk to me about my pregnancy. At long last, being able to talk to a woman about what I am going through! She was very excited for us and wanted to feel the baby move which meant a lot to me. She was very gracious and kind and went so far as to loan me a ton of maternity clothes which are just my style. She also loaned me some very interesting reading material. Luckily, she and I are very near the same size, so almost everything she loaned to me fit perfectly. I was so grateful, I could have cried. I've been wearing the one and only comfortable pair of maternity jeans I have every day and constantly washing them. These things are very expensive! I told her that I definitely owe her a lunch for her generosity, she seemed more than happy for the offer and to spend an afternoon with a grown-up. 

They just moved here from Colorado a few months ago, so they don't know many people here either. We were so happy to discover our similar situations and know that we have each other to hang out with from time to time. They live just around the corner, so we may see each other now and then, maybe take our kids to the nearby playground one day. Things seem a little less bleak and lonely when you meet people in the same boat you are in.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Got your email. Can't write much. Computer keeps locking up; I'm looking up music for wedding stuff online. >:@ Thought I'd leave a comment here instead of replying to email. Definately going to leave more in the future. I've been keeping up on your blog page for awhile now. Ken and Denell always ask me whats new with you guys. I'll write more at work tomorrow if not busy. Got so much more to say. Miss you and Love you guys!!! P.S. Hope your new friends turn out to be great ones like you have been to us!