Pages

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Delivering the mail

If you ever get a letter from us, Miss Molly almost always hand delivered it - at least as far as our mailbox. She lights up when I ask her if she wants to hold a letter for me. Then I pick her up as she tightly grasps the envelope. We walk outside and down the driveway to the mailbox and I open it so she can put the letter inside. I raise the flag and she looks so happy, like she helped. I love that.

Today was a sunny, hot and humid afternoon, and it was nearly time for her nap, but she still wanted to help me. Dan was mowing the lawn and working on the weed-eater, but stopped long enough to snap a photo of us. As we were talking, she nearly fell asleep on my shoulder. I love that too.





No comments: