Pages

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Juneau

A funny thing happened on our way to Lowes...we stopped by a pet shop and got a new puppy instead.  She is a 6 week old Siberian Husky and we named her Juneau.


I had always thought that when I was ready, I would get another Lhasa Apso since I loved my Maggie so very much.  She passed away back in March of 2006 at the age of 16, and I still love and miss her with all my heart.  Since Dan and I married, we've always been a cat family and after losing Ringo, Katrina and Zip in the last couple of years, we thought we would be a one cat family with our wonderful boy Zap.  He is the ideal perfect cat, so easy to be around and care for....no trouble at all.

In the back of our minds, we've both had an attraction to Huskies.  Those eyes are amazing and their coats are gorgeous and they always seem so loyal, loving and sweet.  I think Dan has always kind of wanted one and I've just missed having a dog around.  I've had one or two dogs in my life from 1974 up to 2006.  Back when I was 7, and my sister was 4, we asked Santa Claus for a dog and got Daisy, then I got Pansy for my 12th birthday...Millie was my mom's dog and she was my Maggie's best friend for many years.


Anyway, yesterday, we were just browsing all the cute puppies in their cribs and the place was packed with other people doing the same.  When I met our Juneau, I felt overwhelmed with emotions as I recalled Maggie.  I can't replace her, but this one stole my heart too.

Here I am nuzzling her and then Molly came up to hug us both.


Like Maggie, she was the last one left in her litter.  All her brothers and sisters gone before her and there she was with the Beagles.  Dan found her and picked her up and we just knew a bad decision was about to be made.  And by "bad", I mean a decision made by the heart and having nothing to do with the head.  If our heads had made the choice, we would have walked out the door.  Our hearts prevailed and we took her home, forgetting about the flower pots and potting soil we were out to get at Lowes.



Here she is in our backyard for the first time checking things out.  She looks like a tiny white wolf.

Molly is just a little bit happy about her new puppy.  She's at just the right age to know how to be gentle and help care for her...'though, I'm sure Dan and I will end up doing everything anyway.  

What a pretty face!

One day, we'll look at this and marvel at how tiny she is now.  I think she'll get to be around 45 pounds or so.

Eyeballing the shoes...we put our shoes away the minute they're off our feet.  We got her some chew toys and she seems to love them.

Running with the kiddo.

Only a truly sweet mannered puppy would look that content in a 4 year old's awkward hold.

Juneau is a silver Siberian Husky, born to parents "Rambo" and "Alaska" at a family home breeder in Sweetwater, TN, just down I-75 from here a few miles.

What a pretty profile...so tiny in her current basket bed.

Awww.....she sleeps a lot.




Now you have met our new little baby girl.

No comments: