Pages

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Staying Cool.

Here are some gorgeous orange and yellow lilies and pinkish-blue hydrangeas in our back yard.

Last week, Dad and Phoebe arrived for a visit with us.  They are starting their long journey to Turkey and Mongolia...by way of Alabama, Tennessee, North Carolina and New York to see family and friends along the way before heading out overseas.

They just happened to be in Knoxville during the hottest week so far.  It was comfortably cool before, then humid and hot while they were here and then it cooled down to a more seasonable and normal warm.  We worked and played outside almost the whole time anyway.

Dad built a new raised garden border and we enlarged our garden from a 4x4 to a 6x6 area.  We then planted some zucchini, cherry tomatoes, big tomatoes, and green bell peppers to go with the large and small jalapenos I already planted.  We worked around the jalapenos and the clump of cilantro that just won't die off from last season.  I may have to pull that out soon and replace it with something else like some kind of onion.  We'll see. 

Molly and Dad throwing around the splashball.

She came close to catching it a time or two.

She loved playing in the sprinkler.

Splashy twirls.

Playing in the water.

Wearing Daddy's hat.

Back to the water!

Love this shot.  I took it using the zoom from across the lawn.  I was under the tree in the shade.

Wet faced little girl.

Working on the garden.

At McFee Park's Splashpad a mile or two from home...Molly wasn't really dressed for the splash pad, so when she accidentally got soaked by a pail of water one of the poles, she was a little perturbed.

She hated being wet in her street clothes, quite a different reaction to the fun she was having in the sprinklers in her swimsuit.

In that hot sun, it should have felt great...but no, she truly hated it.

I tried to distract her by having her look through the pretend telescope.  She said, "I see clouds. I want to go now."

Talking to Grandpa Phil while checking out the revamped garden...all dry and in some dry clothes.  What a girl.

No comments: