Alright, what the heck is going on with this Sanjaya guy? Why is he still there after so many other victims have fallen prey to the "Vote The Worst Machine?" There is a huge movement online to have people set their sites on the worst singer and rallying votes just to offset the show for ratings sake. Here's an idea - just call me totally crazy, nutty or just plain ol' silly, but ok, how about just having really great singers. I would love to see a show with so many great singers I just can't decide on a favorite. I guess the powers that be feel we all love to watch a good train wreck - and we do! But that was what the auditions were for. Now it's time for the good stuff, the great talent, the blossoming performances. Isn't that what this show is all about?
Last season, my two favorites, Chris Daughtry and Elliott Yamin came in third and fourth positions. I am currently listening the heck out of both of their cds. They were both very tallented and now are doing very well. It will be interesting to see which of these few left this year will be able to measure up to some of those from the last few years. Here are my picks for the top three: Jordin, Melinda and Blake. Actually Jordin is my favorite so far and the one I usually vote for because she has the look, exuberant personality, and most importantly: talent, a super strong voice control and sings from the heart. I would be happy with any of these three winning.
I think the voting system needs to change: just one vote per phone number only. This is getting out of hand. Please let the insanity end soon with this whole Sanjaya nightmare. If he wins, I may have to stop watching. Oh, who am I kidding - I will still watch anyway.
~Whitney



No comments:
Post a Comment