It's Christmas Day at last. To us, it is the day before we finally get our great big gift - moving into our very own new home and out of the hotel. The furniture is due to arrive at our door step sometime between 8 and 10am in the morning - God willing and weather permitting. Wouldn't you know that rain is in the forecast for tomorrow?
Dan is working today and will be home around 8pm, he worked yesterday too. Last night was a long and sleepless night because of a horrible red van out in the parking lot that had a car alarm blaring for over 2 hours! No one could locate the owners (evidently the ONLY ones who could not hear this annoying blasting horn), so the police were called and we guess they ran the plates to get the names. Seems to me that all large hotels should take down the info on the cars parked out in their lots for just such an occasion...don't you think that would be a good idea?? I may suggest that when we check out tomorrow. Dan got very little sleep, left for work at 6am and then I slept way too long into the morning than I intended to. Just now, I saw that horrid van, so cutely bedecked with antlers as its well-rested occupants darted off for their Christmas events for the day! This whole place was up in arms about that last night...if I were the owner of that van, I'd leave in secret shame in the night or park where no one could see me. Grrrr....Merry Christmas van people.
To feel some sense of Christmas spirit today, I have been watching some great Christmas movies and am now in the midst of the "Christmas Story" marathon with Ralphie, the Leg Lamp and the Red Rider BB Gun. I love that movie. Later, I may catch "Elf"...my favorite line from that movie: "I like smiling, smiling's my favorite!" Hee, hee, that makes me laugh everytime I hear it.
Last night, we watched "It's A Wonderful Life" while the last and best part was interrupted by the van horn. We got some egg nog the other day and had a cup of that. For our Christmas Eve dinner, we both had "get rid of the leftovers in the fridge so we don't have to move it" food. Mmmmm...good eatin'. I may venture out to the house today to see what all can be done to clean for tomorrow. Plus, I am so bored, I need out of here.
We would both like to thank everyone who was so thoughtful to send us Christmas cards or gifts this year. It really means so much to us. We've received so many that we are running out of room to display them all. They are covering the ledge to the kitchen and the top of the tv. It is the only decoration in the room. We've received so much holiday mail since being here that the staff in the office has commented that we must have a lot of people far and wide who love us. I answered "Yes, we sure do, and we miss them all."
Wherever you are and who ever you are with today, have a wonderful day. We're thinking of you all and are grateful to have so many people who care about us and miss us too. It will be a while until we have internet access (and cable tv!) once we're in the house, so this will be the last entry for a few weeks.
Merry Christmas everybody!
No comments:
Post a Comment