Pages

Sunday, September 14, 2008

No outbursts or fits, just outfits.

And do they fit? Some just fit and some she just bursts out of....

...what? Oh, you know what I mean.

Lately, we've had to start bringing out some long awaited clothing so she can wear them before it's too late. I was so distressed to find that a few items I had wanted to dress her in for a while now are almost too small already. They used to be so huge compared to her little body and now they barely can be squeezed on. We had to photograph a few just so we can remember how they looked on her for such a short time, before she outgrows these too. The little navy blue dress set was way too small.

Yes, I cried a little bit and I am not ashamed. I see her all day - every day, probably more than anyone does and even I can see changes in her from morning to nighttime. There is nothing I can do to slow this down. These days are speeding by no matter what. We are doing our best to appreciate and document the little moments so they don't get lost in the memories we have yet to create as the years go by. So, I had a little cry, got over it and hugged my baby a little tighter, kissed her soft head a dozen times and held her up high to spin around and around - her favorite game. She smiled at me and all was well.




No comments: