Pages

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Resisting A Rest

Most of the time, Molly is a very easy baby to care for, and for that, we are grateful. There are times, however, when she gets quite fussy and simply refuses to take a much needed afternoon nap. Usually, she naps in the living room in her swing, and even with the noise and activity, she just sleeps away for an hour or more. Today, she would have nothing of it. I tried to let her sleep in the swing like usual and that didn't work, so I tried her peaceful, quiet room instead. Well, as you can see, she totally lost it.


I thought she would surely stop crying any second like she always does, but not this time. It's never more than a few minutes of whimpering before she dozes off. I eventually gave in to her crying, put her in the bouncy chair next to my desk, where she proceeded to fall to sleep before I got her buckled in. An hour and a half later, our pleasant sweet little girl returned with a smile on her face.

I think naps should be worked into the daily routine in our adult lives too. Maybe people will be nicer to each other if they had a binky and an afternoon beddy-bye?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Miss Molly is growing up so fast! She's changed so much since I've seen her in June. I hope you guys can come out sometime during the holidays. Can't wait to see you again! Give her kisses for me.

Love,

H