There are places I'll remember
All my life, though some have changed
Some forever, not for better
Some have gone and some remain
All these places had their moments
With lovers and friends, I still can recall
Some are dead and some are living
In my life, I've loved them all
But of all these friends and lovers
There is no one compares with you
And these memories lose their meaning
When I think of love as something new
Though I know I'll never lose affection
For people and things that went before
I know I'll often stop and think about them
In my life, I'll love you more
Though I know I'll never lose affection
For people and things that went before
I know I'll often stop and think about them
In my life, I'll love you more
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If I absolutely had to pick a favorite song, it would be difficult, but I would probably pick this one - a Beatles classic. In any style, form or genre, by any artist, it holds its own. It's very meaningful to me, bringing to mind the love we should express to those still here with us, the young ones and the old ones...and always remember the ones who've already left us. It's been running through my mind a lot lately. I often hum it as a lullaby to Molly and she always falls gently to sleep to it. Maybe she'll love it one day as much as I do? I find this version by pianist Kevin Kern to be especially poignant and emotional. I love it.
*I'll try to load up some more photos from our move and of our lives here in Knoxville soon. Still getting computers, cameras and cords organized and running.
No comments:
Post a Comment