Pages

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Going to vote

Yesterday, Dan and I (& Molly too) went to our neighborhood polling location to cast our votes. Since Virginia was one of the big battleground states, we are relieved to be done with the evening campaign phone calls during dinner and the endless tv ads. That much I am glad to say, is finally OVER! But the voting process itself, well, it was so quick and simple, we were in and out in all of five short minutes. But when I think of the many people throughout our history who fought for that basic right, it humbles me. It is a hard fought for privilege and I for one was proud to participate in something that in the past, I took for granted. No matter which way you voted, or if you voted at all, (I believe that is your own private business,) you have to admit this was an amazing election for our country.

No comments: