Pages

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

The First Haircut

Yesterday, we took Molly to a salon that specializes in kids and babies called "Pigtails and Crewcuts." It was a nice little shop that had little antique styled metal push-pedal cars for chairs and there were toys all over the place and tvs playing Disney movies. The man who cut Molly's hair was very patient with her and said that she was a lot better than most kids were when getting their hair cut. He said that she might be crying but at least she sat still and let him cut it. They took her photo and put it on a keepsake card along with a lock of her baby hair in a clear plastic bag.

Now Molly has a cute little hairstyle and most of the hairs are the same length, not like before where she had a really long curl in the back with her short hairs from her old bald spot. Her bangs are not flopping down into her eyes anymore either. We may be able to cut her hair ourselves next time. For this first special haircut, we decided to make a day of it and get it done right. I also don't think I would have the nerve to cut her hair myself anyway. It was sort of sad to see her precious baby hair falling to the floor. Part of me wanted to save it all. But I'll get over it...save the locks we did get and put them in her baby book. She'll have many more haircuts over the course of her lifetime...some I'll love while she's still little and some I won't like when she's older. But that's o.k. I guess.

I will always remember well, yesterday's little rite of passage: "The First Haircut."


Here we are outside of the shop before her haircut. She has no idea of what's about to happen...poor thing.


A final shot of the "Back 40."


Getting the cape fastened by Mommy while she's wondering: "What's going on?"


She's very upset!


Still not sure she likes this.


Her blue eyes are even more blue when filled with tears of pain and resentment towards us.


Oh, the angst!


Outside the shop after her "ordeal."


In the car, and deciding that "Maybe that wasn't so bad after all?"


No comments: