Today, as we were enjoying ice cream cones on the front porch on the most perfect day, we decided it was high time we went up to King's Dominion for a few hours. Why not? It's just 20 minutes away and we were more than ready to get out of the house for once. We had a great time.
Molly got to ride on a carousel for the first time. It was on a beautifully decorated old fashioned kind. I think she had fun, although you can't tell for the lack of a smile in this photo, the whole time, she kept making little happy chirpy noises.
I got to ride the Rebel Yell! I hadn't ridden it since I was 12 so it was like a step back in time for me. That old rickety thing still scared me...I don't think it had changed one bit in nearly 30 years! Ow, my throat hurts from screaming...I have changed though. It used to be a lot of fun. Now it's, um, I guess fun? No more wooden rollercoasters for me...just the good smooth metal ones.
Dan is braver than I am when it comes to rides. He decided to try the Drop Tower where you and about 50 others get slowly raised up a very tall tower then suddenly free fall until you get entirely too close to the ground, coming to a soft and safe stop. It looked like a thrill.
The swings are still fun. My sister and I loved to ride on this one when we were kids. I got to watch Molly looking up at me and smiling while I went around and around. I can't help but wonder what she was thinking.
She was so good today. She got to have her first taste of ice cream and rode on her first amusement park ride! What a day!
2 comments:
check out the goatee on Dan!
Molly is such a sweetheart, I love how her hair seems to get lighter with every post.
I remember Emma's first go at ice cream too - shock then delight - now we can't stop her.
It looks like you guys had a great time. How fun!
Post a Comment