Pages

Saturday, April 19, 2008

The due date is here!

The due date is here - the baby is not.  I am not at all surprised.  Though the day is young, at only 8:30 am when I went to bed at 3:00 am "last night."  Anything can happen though I am told.  I could go into labor today or next week.  I think the waiting game is going to make me crazy before it's all said and done.  People keep calling to check on me which is nice and on Dan's long days at work, he always calls at midday to check on how I am.  Our phone list is programed into the cell phone for emergencies and both cars are always gassed up ready to go.  My bag is sitting there ready to go too.  These are little reminders that this is really going to happen soon.

The main reason I feel so ready for this is because I can really do or even think of  little else.  In my mind, I have lots of things I want to do around the house, but when I get up to do them, I'm tired before I start.  I haven't seen my feet for weeks, putting on socks or shoes is a clumsy task....as is feeding the cats, getting pots or pans from the low cabinet, and reaching for anything on the floor in general.  Being front heavy is a graceless time in one's life.  I feel like I'm walking like a penguin.

So far, there is no indication that this baby wants to come join us today, though I would love it if she would.  My mother is going to come out soon, on the 22nd to help us out.  Who knows?  She may get to be here for the actual birth, which would be wonderful.  We weren't sure how to time this since babies have their own schedule.  Mom leaves on May 1 - let's hope we have the baby by then for sure!!

Until then, we'll keep waiting.

No comments: