Pages

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

It went by so fast.

Erin's visit went by like a flash...we had a great time and I miss her already. Seems like we just picked her up and now a week has already passed us by. While she was here, we organized the baby's room and clothing and picked up a few more things we thought we might need, or just want. Who can resist those cute little baby clothes?! She also helped me decide what to pack and have for the baby to wear when we finally bring her home after she's born. My hospital bag is nearly ready to go.

Erin really helped us out, she cooked for us and everything. It was a real treat. I was just exhausted enough to let her. We ate very well while she was here...a wonderful baked spaghetti dinner one night, which was also good tonight too....and then a festive taco dinner another night. I baked lots and lots of cookies while she did that. It was fun to hang out in the kitchen together. After dinner, the three of us played Trivial Pursuit, which was fun. We laughed until our sides hurt as we snacked on cookies and treats we bought on Cary Street the other day.


On Monday, Dan's day off, we decided to go to Colonial Williamsburg for the day. It had been gray, rainy and overcast almost everyday Erin was here, but we went anyway. It never really rained, just a heavy misty drizzle which kind of added to the ambiance of the historic town. It was nice, a bit on the cold side, but that would be remedied by a visit to the Kings Arms Tavern for a long lunch.


I have to admit that the long walks through the town would have been next to impossible for me right now. I move very very slowly. I am also experiencing a few Braxton Hicks contractions each day too. Since it was so inexpensive ($7), we rented a wheelchair to make things easier for me. We used it on the streets and bumpy sidewalks, but left it at the door when we went into shops and the tavern. I don't think I could have made it very far without it. Maybe the next time we get there, the weather and my level of energy will be better.




It was a fun day and I think Erin really enjoyed it. Seeing the contrasts between life in New Mexico and Virginia through her eyes, made me appreciate the beauty we have all around us here. The lush green vegetation, the rain and coolness, the architecture of the area are becoming common to us now. New Mexico has its own special beauty as well...just on the total other end of the spectrum to what we are discovering here.




We drove her to the airport in Norfolk this afternoon. It was a sad parting, I would love it if she could be here for the birth of the baby in a few short days. We were able to have a really great visit without a lot of people around, just us sisters for most of the time, it's so rare that we would have this opportunity to spend quality time together. When Dan was home from work, it was a great chance for them to get to know each other better too. She also had to get back home for her own two daughters' birthdays on April 14th and April 21st! Having two birthdays to plan is a big job! Happy Birthday Jolie and Riley! Maybe one of you will share a birthday with your newest cousin?



Saying goodbye at the airport.


From my point of view as Dan and Erin feel the baby moving.


We had a wonderful time and miss you already, Erin. Come back soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Home Broker, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://home-broker-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.