Yes, this exclusive club that I get to be a "member" of for 9 months, does come with a few perks. My favorite one being that at our local Kroger grocery store, I am allowed to park even closer to the entrance than the many handicap parking spots that they have available.

Not to say that there aren't a few people to abuse this though. A couple weeks ago, I saw a large, healthy, able-bodied, middle-aged man park in the expectant mother space right in front of mine. Later on, as I saw him perusing the produce, I so wanted to ask him when he was due, but I chickened out and did not. Honestly, from the gut he was hoisting about, he looked to be about 9 months along to me. I was actually surprised to see him in the veggie section.
Luckily, most of the time, people do leave these wonderful spaces open to those of us who need and appreciate them. Even I waited until I got big and clumsy before making full use of these parking spots. I didn't want anyone to think I was abusing this right like that MAN was.....at least I am a WOMAN for gosh sakes! Believe me, every step that I can save is a valued one, so cheers to Kroger for having this for us. I have never seen this anywhere else before.
No comments:
Post a Comment