OK, I have been waiting for the time when I thought Molly would be ready for her alphabet mat. Today, she discovered she could pick up her quilt and move it around. I brought down her playmat from her closet and let her play with a few pieces and she squealed with delighted glee, even clapping her almost opened hands. We are also just learning how to clap.
She enjoyed playing with the star and moon pieces while I happily assemembled the alphabet out for her to play on. All she really cares about now are the various colors, shapes and textures. It says this is for kids 3 and up, but she just LOVES to pull the shapes out and bang them around...and chew on them. One day, she'll know the letters and be able to spell things. For now, it's a safe, soft place for her to play.
Our living room decor now has that playroom chic quality, but it is fun to be able to get on the floor and really play with her. It's not too hard to pack it all up in a few minutes. What ever can make her happy, safe and stimulate her mind and help her exercise is most important now.
Thanks again Jason and Illysha for this cool gift! At this point, Mommy's enjoying it even more than Molly, but that's fine. I am (ahem...WE are) looking forward to getting some Legos, Tinker Toys and Lincoln Logs in the next few years.
Yay toys!! I'm allowed to play with them again!
No comments:
Post a Comment