The assisted living facility where his grandma lives is quite nice and the people seem to be very friendly, there are always lots of activities and socializing. She seems to be doing well for 94. It was fun to meet some of the residents there such as Pearl, Larry, Nancy and Renee to name a few. (We almost finished that darn puzzle!)
Today, after the buffet lunch, Dan, Walt and I went exploring the old places and I had a chance to see my old house. I used to live here back when I was in high school in the early to mid-eighties. The house and whole neighborhood looked great, very cozy homes and clean, quiet streets. I took some photos so, Erin, Mom &Dad, I'm sure you'll be especially interested in checking them out.


How our house looked in 1985...summer and winter
How it looks today.
I also had a chance to see my old high school, Arvada West. I must say that I hardly recognized it. It looked more like an airport or a mall instead of a high school. I think it has tripled in size since '85! The kids milling about outside looked like babies though.
It was nice to be able to see the old house and old school, but at the same time, it kinda felt like someone else's life and memories I was looking back on. Did I really live here and go to that school? The memories are fading, some stronger than others. I don't even remember the route I used to walk to and from school everyday! Nothing seemed familiar at all. Funny how things slip from your mind over time.
We went back to the home and visited with everyone a bit longer then out to a pizza place for dinner. It's been a busy time but great to see everyone and finally meet Dan's grandma. I'll post a few photos from our visit soon.
*By the way, did any of you happen to catch that stinky game last night between the Broncos and Chargers? Ugh, it was shameful! We're so sorry we were actually in the same town where that hideous display took place. I have a feeling it's going to be a horrendous year for the Broncos. Oh well, we're still fans through this tough time.
No comments:
Post a Comment