I think the starting gun was fired and now we are just beginning a very busy time. Things are starting to move at a very quick pace as we knew it would.
We've scheduled our house-hunting trip for next week. We'll be leaving on sunday the 21st and coming back on thursday the 25th. We have contacted our realtor out there, Nancy, who is ready to start helping us find our new home. We sent her a list of our needs and wishes - and price range - so she's scouting out some homes for us to see next monday, tuesday and wednesday. We've also been researching homes and making lists of houses we want to see when we are out there. I really hope we are able to find something. We will have to stay in temporary housing for a while, maybe a month or so while all this house buying and selling gets worked out.
So far, two realtors have come out to see our house in Albuquerque to assess the market value compared to what homes like it nearby are selling for. We want to get a good deal, but we do not want to have to wait too long for a sale. These days, selling a home isn't as easy as it was a year or two ago. Last year, my house sold in about 5 days. Let's hope that this one sells quickly too. On the other end, homes we've been watching online in Richmond have been coming down in price. That might help us in finding our new home.
The movers will be at our house on November 1st to start packing up our stuff and loading the truck. I have no idea how that big truck is going to fit on our tiny driveway or on this tiny street. (I guess we'll have to tick off a couple neighbors in the process and block their driveways.)
I still have not one, but two doctor's appointments also on the 1st! I have to get more blood drawn for further testing at the Prenatal Center which will be just 5 minutes, then I have my next appointment an hour later across town. This is another monthly check-up at Dr. Garcia's office and another ultrasound. Then it's back home to be there as our things are packed. I'm not allowed to lift anything heavy so I'm not sure what to do. I guess I'll just stand around and watch a bunch of strangers pack up our life. I am actually glad I have those two appointments so I can get out of the chaos at the house for a while.
The movers should be done so they can leave the next day on the 2nd. They'll take our furniture and belongings to a storage facility in Richmond. We think they will be able to put the Mazda on the truck too. It would be nice if the Jimmy would fit as well, otherwise, it will be shipped separately on another truck. (Scary!) We are trying to think of how to pack for a month or two stay at the temporary housing place - where ever that is. I wish we could just move straight into another house, but that seems unlikely at this point.
Dan's first day on the job at Qimonda will be November 5th, so we don't have a lot of time to play around. We'll be flying back to Richmond, with 4 freaked out cats in tow on November 3rd. I really dread having to check our kitties in like luggage in the cargo hold, hoping they get to Richmond with the layover in Dallas or Atlanta to worry about. I'm sure they'll be all eyes and puffed up fur covered in pee-pee by the end of the flights. This is my biggest concern, their safety and our sanity...not so much our stuff getting there in one piece.
We are looking forward to the day we are comfortably sitting in our new home, the cats all calmed down, Dan is in a routine at a new job he likes and I can prepare for the baby's arrival a little more than I've been able to up to now. I also need to find a new doctor.
To be able to relax without an impending move over our heads will be wonderful. We are also looking forward to exploring our new surroundings and seeing what all Richmond has to offer. We're hoping that lots of you come out to see us. It really looks like a great town.
Wish us luck until that wonderful, peaceful day.
No comments:
Post a Comment