Pages

Friday, November 9, 2007

Doin' fine.

Oh yes, this place is MUCH better than the other place...they don't even compare. Even though our new temp apartment here at the Marriott, is just a studio and maybe half the size of the one in Kings Point, it is so clean, safe and convenient to great shopping. I'm not afraid to go for a much needed walk if I choose to. The people I've met here and there are friendly, so I need to be more ready with my "hellos" and "how ya doin's". Seems like most people here say "how ya doin'" a lot. I like that.

I ventured out without Dan for the first time today. It may not sound like much, but I never felt like I could until we moved out here last night. It took us two trips to get our stuff, plus the cats out here, so it was a late dinner and late to bed. Since Dan had to get to work by 7am, and we are 20 miles further out from Qimonda, he had to get up very, very early this morning. This is the last day of his orientation week.

Like I said, I finally ventured out today on a trip to the local grocery store. I got directions from the hotel manager and I was off. I found a Ukrop's grocery store just a couple miles from here and couldn't believe what a pleasant experience it was. As huge as Wal-Mart, without having to put my blinders on to handle the mulitudes of pushy people and screaming kids. I was able to amble along, pick out what I needed, everyone was so friendly, of course saying "how ya doin'" and smiling at me.

At the check out, a sweet very elderly lady, Dorothy, helped me take my groceries to the car. I felt funny with this little tiny stooped over lady pushing the cart, but she was determined, so I let her. She saw my cat carriers in the trunk and told me all about her cat and where she grew up in Jamestown. She asked me where I was from when she saw the yellow license tag, I said New Mexico. Then she told me about her sister, long ago deceased, who lived in Tempe....which is in New Mexico?....oh well, I didn't correct her. She was so sweet and fiesty, pushing that cart way back to the store. I'll have to park closer next time. I hope to see her again.

No comments: