Pages

Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Poor ol' Jimmy

Today Jimmy had to ride on a tow truck again.:( The movers when they were in Albuquerque loaded him into the moving truck, turned off the engine, but didn't turn the key off. So, Jimmy rode all the way to Richmond with the battery drawing power.

The movers jump started him and were able to get him parked out side of the war zone apartment. Later that night I wanted to take him to fill him up with some gas. He was dead as a doornail. I tried jumping him again with little Zoom-Zoom, but no luck. I was thinking maybe little Zoom-Zoom didn't have enough umpf to get him rolling. So I asked Thomas and Sylvia if they could give me a jump with their beefy Tahoe. Still nothing, the engine wouldn't even turn over. It was time to make a decision. Do I pull out the battery and buy a new one hoping that's the only thing wrong? Or just call a tow truck? I decided on the tow truck since I've gotten busy with going to work, it seems to get dark so quickly here, and the lack of proper tools. Plus, I didn't really like the thought of working on him at these apartments.

So off Jimmy went again.









On a lighter note.... Today I took a tour of the fab I'm going to be working in. Worlds apart from what I'm used to. They have expanded the fab so much it looks like how fab 7 ended up looking. But, it will bring new challenges, new things to learn, more ways to expand my horizons. Everyone there seems really friendly also, a good sign.

Time to go to bed listening to the serenade of sirens. Until next time!

No comments: