Pages

Monday, November 26, 2007

Found a doctor!

Today, my main task was to find a doctor and make an appointment for my fourth month check-up and ultrasound. Her name is Dr. Kristin Schraa and she seems to be very highly recommended. I feel much better now. Since we finally have our house location figured out, I definately know THIS is the hospital I want to use for my many appointments up until the big day in April. It is the "Bon Secours Memorial Regional Medical Center" in Mechanicsville - just a few short miles (10 minutes) from our future home. This place is wonderful and so far, the people I've encountered here have been more than accommodating to my many questions and getting me set up as soon as possible.

I wanted to talk to them face to face rather than explaining my complicated situation on the phone. I brought in all of my medical records regarding the pregnancy, they set me up and put a priority on it seeing as I am now due for an appointment in early December. On the 6th, I will have a check-up and the ultrasound that will reveal the gender of the baby at long last. I am so excited!

There is a very nice duck pond with a fountain across the parking lot. Inside the hospital main building are lots of open areas and atriums, even a grassy area where they keep peacocks during parts of the year.

No comments: